- fresh produce (make a difference through your garden!)
- whole grain and/or low-sugar cereals
- canned meats
- peanut or other nut butters
- boxed meals/sides (macaroni and cheese, skillet meals, potato dishes)
DenUM strives to provide food options that are nutritionally balanced, safe and that promote healthy eating. Therefore, we do not distribute expired food. Instead, we encourage food donations that include whole grains, low-sodium and low-sugar options.
According to the Colorado Health Foundation, two out of three Coloradans will be obese by 2017 and may suffer from obesity-related diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. Individuals with a family income of less than $25,000 a year a 3x more likely to be obese.
Food Pantry Donations:
- Whole grain and/or low-sugar cereals
- Fruit in water or juice
- Meat canned in water, when possible
- Vegetables: low- or no-sodium
- Beans: dry or canned in low- or no-sodium
- Whole wheat pasta, rice, or other whole grains
- Powdered or shelf-stable milk
- 100% fruit juices
- Whole-grain breads
- Fresh produce (citrus, apples, squash, peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, onions)
- Pasta sauce
- Peanut or other nut butters
- Soup or other canned meals
- Mac & cheese or other boxed meals
- Snacks or desserts
- Unopened packages of diapers (sizes 4, 5, 6, and pull-ups preferred)
- Baby wipes
- Non-expired formula (soy and milk)
- Non-expired baby food
Personal Care Donations:
- Tampons and pads
- Adult diapers (size large)
Employment Services Hygiene Kits:
- stick deodorant
- shaving cream
- lip balm
Donations can be brought to DenUM at 1717 E. Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80218 between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm M/T/Th; and 9:00 am to noon on Wednesday. For more information please call Jenn at 303-350-5079.
If you can’t get to the store or don’t have the time to drop off your donation — check out our new virtual donation drive.
If you would like to organize a food drive to help meet the growing community need, please contact Carolyne at 303-350-5066.