DenUM’s Top 5 Donation Needs for Summer 2015
- peanut butter
- whole grain and/or low-sugar cereals
- canned fruit in water or light syrup
- fresh produce (make a difference through your garden!)
- hygiene items for employment services clients especially,
- stick deodorant
DenUM strives to provide food options that are nutritionally balanced, safe and that promote healthy eating. Therefore, we do not distributed expired food. Instead we encourage food donations that include whole grains, low-sodium and low-sugar options.
According to the Colorado Health Foundation, two out of three Coloradans will be obese by 2017 and may suffer from obesity related diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. Individuals with a family income of less than $25,000 a year a 3x more likely to be obese.
Food Pantry Donations:
- Whole grain and/or low-sugar cereals
- Fruit in water or juice
- Meat canned in water when possible
- Vegetables: low or no sodium
- Beans: dry or canned in low or no sodium
- Whole wheat pasta, rice or other whole grains
- Powdered or shelf-stable milk
- 100% fruit juices
- Whole grain breads
- Fresh produce
- Pasta sauce
- Peanut butter
- Canned meals
- Mac & cheese & other boxed meals
- Snacks or desserts
- Unopened packages of diapers (sizes 4, 5, 6, and pull-ups preferred)
- Baby wipes
- Unexpired formula (soy and milk)
- Unexpired baby food
Personal Care Donations:
- Tampons and pads
- Adult diapers (size large)
Employment Services Hygiene Kits:
- stick deodorant
- shaving cream
- tooth brushes
- lip balm
Donations can be brought to DenUM at 1717 E. Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80218 between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm M/T/Th; and 9:00 am to noon on Wednesday. For more information please call Jenn at 303-350-5079.
If you can’t get to the store or don’t have the time to drop off your donation — check out our new virtual donation drive.
If you would like to organize a food drive to help meet the growing community need, please contact Carolyne at 303-350-5066.