Donate a Vehicle
Donating your vehicle is a great way to help Denver Urban Matters. We’ve partnered with Cars for Charity, a nonprofit organization that specializes in handling vehicle donations to make this process as simple as possible.
Why donate your vehicle?
- It’s hassle-free: It’s easier than repairing, advertising and selling your vehicle. Free towing is included if necessary, free title services, quick and easy paperwork
- You get to deduct the value of the vehicle on your taxes
- DenUM receives 100% of the net proceeds, which is often more than if you sold the vehicle yourself.
What do I have to do?
- You’ll need to find the title for your vehicle. All vehicles mus have a clear title before the vehicle can be donated. Before the vehicle is picked up sign your name on the back of the title in the “Seller” space. The “Buyer” is Cars for Charity. Leave the other fields blank, Cars for Charity will complete the remaining fields.
- Go to the Cars for Charity website and fill out the Donor Information Sheet online. Select Denver Urban Matters as the designated charity. You’ll be asked for your contact information and the vehicle’s location, year, color, make, model, mileage, condition, and VIN number.
- Remove all personal items from the vehicle and take off the license plates.
- Cars for Charity will contact you about picking up the vehicle and they will mail you a statement if the vehicle sells for over $500.
- Let us know about your donation so we can thank you!