We’re Hiring For A Case Manager
Are you interested in joining Denver Urban Matters’ team of energetic and compassionate professionals? DenUM is looking for a Case Manager who will be responsible for providing a range of case management services that increase client stability and self-sufficiency, in pursuit of DenUM’s mission.
We are proud to serve the immediate and long-term needs of the most vulnerable in our community, looking beyond crisis to a society of equality, justice, and compassion.
DenUM embodies a spirit of interconnectedness and generosity. Its history is that of a true grassroots organization – and staff, volunteers, and clients continue to interact daily in a manner of mutual growth and service.
If you feel that your experience, skills, and talents can help us achieve our mission, we would like to hear from you. Please send your cover letter describing your interest, along with your resume to email@example.com
Job Summary: The Case Manager is responsible for providing brief and extensive case management services to determine current needs of clients, and to create a plan to meet those needs and increase client stability and self-sufficiency.
The Case Manager plans, supervises, and implements a variety of support services in determining barriers to stability and self-sufficiency and identifies interventions to decrease or eliminate those barriers. The Case Manager must work effectively with clients from diverse backgrounds, as well as with other staff, volunteers, and community agencies.
The Case Manager performs the position’s responsibilities in accordance with the general policies and mission established by the DenUM Board of Directors. The case manager reports to the Program Director.
Primary Job Duties /Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the leadership team with implementing, creating and redeveloping programs and partnerships.
- Participate in team efforts to achieve department and company level goals and objectives. Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Provide short-term case management to clients seeking rental and utility assistance through budget counseling, resource referrals and determination of approval/denial.
- Provide short-term case management to clients participating in Employment Services through needs assessment, internal/external resource referrals, job search counseling, job development and facilitation of workshops.
- Participate in Basic Human Services team through weekly client intakes, ID Clinic, personal shopping, Manager of the Day and hosting duties.
- Complete thorough documentation for all duties including database entry, case notes, and grant paperwork.
- Regularly participate in community-based activities and educational forums related to advocacy and human/social services practices.
- Actively participate in required meetings and special events.
- Participate in DenUM fundraising efforts as needed, and represent agency in an active and positive role in the community.
- Assist with supervision of community volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of barriers to self-sufficiency for individuals and families.
- Ability to prioritize, strategize, plan and implement to solve a set of problems or multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, public speaking, organizational, administrative and oral/written communication skills.
- Work effectively at work and community at large with culturally and socially diverse populations.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and honesty; maintain confidentiality guidelines according to organization policy.
- Ability to establish and manage trusted and respectful relationships with all stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, electronic mail, word processing, ability to learn new software.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Continue professional growth through courses, workshops, and professional associations. Apply knowledge to improve organization.
- Must be available for some weekend and evening engagements each month.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a focus in Human Services preferred.
- At least one year of experience in a related field.
- Bi-lingual; ability to speak and write in English and Spanish is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to stand, lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to work under and effectively handle stress and pressure
- Requires the ability to speak, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties of the job.
- Must be able to use hands, reach, twist and sit for long periods of time.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
Denver Urban Ministries certifies that in regard to persons served by the organization, volunteers working on behalf of the organization, persons employed as staff of the organization, and persons serving on the governing board of the organization, that Denver Urban Ministries does not discriminate by reason of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, military status, or physical or mental disability.
Denver Urban Ministries (DenUM) is a unique community of clients, volunteers and staff members situated on East Colfax in the diversely populated Capitol Hill neighborhood of Denver. As equal members of this community, we embrace an intentional effort to realize our mission through an increasing commitment to inclusivity.
DenUM is committed to acting in opposition to all forms of discrimination and other oppressions, intentional and otherwise. Acknowledging that our differences make us stronger, DenUM values and celebrates diversity by engaging the strengths and talents of those in our community. While striving to be adaptable to the ever-changing social transformation that we seek, our staff engages others to find innovate and helpful ways to advocate and act for social justice.
All members of the DenUM community are respected and embraced as unique and welcomed to a safe and affirming environment. We value the many identities that an individual brings to the community and honor and appreciate the intersections of these identities. We aim to extend grace to each individual as they bring the whole of who they are to our collective work. The diversity of experience and circumstance within our community strengthens our common humanity as we strive for equity.
Pay: Mid 30,000s, with full benefits
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org